1. On the idea that what is professional and also healthy is to act in individualistic, self protective ways: to what economic and other models does this supposition correspond?
2. It appears to me to be neither healthy nor supportive of the profession.
3. I say that, of course, because I’m a union man and either socialist or anarcho-syndicalist, I do not understand myself well enough yet to know.
4. I note that in practice, not to act in individualistic, self protective ways, seems to encode one as “feminine.”
5. Academia is not the only context in which I have seen a political attitude get (re)converted into a service or charity oriented one.