- White students hung three hangman’s nooses from a tree near Jena High School, immediately after Black students received permission to sit under that tree.
- A fire at Jena High School, arson suspected, no arrests.
- White-initiated fistfight, no serious injuries resulted: white student charged with simple battery.
- White-initiated threat with a shotgun: Black students arrested for aggravated battery and theft after they wrested the weapon away from the white student.
- Black-initiated fistfight, no serious injuries.
There are people here saying that this is not about race. I would really like to know how hanging nooses from a tree to scare Black students away from sitting under it is not about race.