So today, I:
– got up at 8:30, late
– arrived to school at 9:30
– graded and wrote writing prompts until 10:30
– taught until 12:20
– conferred until 1
– had lunch while reading for a Fall class until 2
– came home and mostly thought, while also planning and making lists for both work and home, until after 6.
– still on the list for today: work out, update class websites; these two things at the very least.
I think that will add up to 5 hours of work today, almost all of it teaching related; it is hardly anything but I feel busy. Perhaps I am still transitioning into the country. I must listen to telephone messages soon, and call relatives and people here. People with names like Antoine, Iris, Joel, Mikkel, Noris, Omar. Louisiana names.